Family Vacation 2008

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Yes, it's love

I just adore Jason Robert Brown. Not for his stunning good looks or stellar personality, I'm not sure either of those exist, after all, I've never met the guy. It's his music. Ahhhh! I could listen to his music every day. It's funny, it's heart felt, it's real, it actually means something, and in this time of meaningless drivel that record producers call music I find it an oasis.

There are other real musicians out there. I can listen to Billy Joel until the cows come home. I think Sting is a poet as well as a musician (have you really listened to "Fields of Gold?"). And speaking of poets, Paul Simon has got to be one of the best. George Winston manages to extract sounds from a piano that I didn't think were even possible. He's another one of my "listen to him every day" composers.

A real musician is not just a singer. A real musician is not just an intrumentalist, whether piano, guitar, or anything else. A real musician has something more. Something that makes them a lasting commodity. Something...

I'm always on the look out for new musicians to love. Leave me ideas! Loan me cd's! I promise I'll listen with an open mind! And maybe, just maybe, if it touches my heart, I'll add them to my list of "real musicians".

1 comments:

Kate said...

Jorge Drexler
The Beautiful South (LOVE!)
The Pink Martinis
Amy Winehouse
Ben Folds