Family Vacation 2008

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Resolutions

This is another "duh" topic for the beginning of a new year. Tough. Deal with it.

My resolutions so far are quite simple.

  1. Lose 10 pounds.
  2. Read Les Miserables.

I think everyone in this country has the first goal, or maybe something similar to it. I'm given to understand that weight loss is the most popular New Year's Resolution. Being that it's so popular, I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and try it out this year.

I've had a copy of Les Miserables since I was 21. I've read the first couple hundred pages maybe 5 or 6 times. I'm finally going to read the entire book. Still, I'm giving myself the entire year to accomplish this. The plan goes like this: read three books, read one or two chapters in Les Miserables, read two books, read two pages...

I'm certain that I'll think of more things I want to resolve as the week goes along. After all, setting goals and trying to improve ourselves shouldn't be a one day a year activity. It should be something that can happen any day, any time, whenever we finally get motivated. Maybe I'll be motivated tomorrow, or the next day, or even next month...I'm not so sure I'm motivated right now!

1 comments:

Rach said...

I have the opposite resolution this year. My goal is to gain 25 pounds by August. And then my goal will be to lose 10 pounds. At least 10 pounds. More like 25.