Family Vacation 2008

Monday, January 28, 2008

What I Learned

There are things I know for certain about myself. I am vain, fairly self-centered, very self-righteous, sometimes rude, sometimes sarcastic while trying to be funny, and occasionally moody. This is beginning to sound like a Charlie Brown song. "You're stupid, self-centered and moody. I'm moody?" On the other hand, there are good qualities about me, too, but for the purpose of this blog I'm not going to go into them now.



Somehow, in all of this self-acknowledgement, I never thought of myself as a murmurer. But, I think I am. In fact, I think I am a champion, Laman and Lemuel quality, murmurer. When did this happen? Why did I never see it before? There may be answers to these questions, but I'm not certain they matter so much. What matters now, is what am I going to do about it?



What am I going to do about it?



I am going to speak with more caution. I am going to decide if I really want to be the "complainer" or the "victim". (Emphatic NO! to both!) And I'm going to start right now. To those who have had to listen to me murmur: I apologize. To those who I have murmured about: I apologize fervently. To myself: There is no time like the present to make a change.

3 comments:

Rach said...

Thank you for writing this, I am going to do the same.

PS Drewser says Hi

Kate said...

I've never heard you murmur, dearest... your attitude is an inspiration though, with complaining and victim-mentality. I shall reject, them, as well!!

Fie!
I say
Fie!

Kate said...

Apparently, I shan't reject commas, though... *sigh*