Family Vacation 2008

Monday, January 14, 2008

Reminiscing

Today is my 14th anniversary.

It took me 20 minutes to get dressed that morning (I had planned for at least an hour, so I had time to wait, which is always a lovely thing on a wedding morning...not!)

David drove us to the temple in the truck, Cal was it's name.

We were told the four most important words in a marriage are "You May Be Right". "I May Be Crazy" nearly always follows those words, at least for us. *grin*

All four parents were remarkably happy. My Dad cried at Shauna's wedding, he cheered at mine.

The Hutches loved me right from the start!

I ignored the rules of reception line etiquette as I traveled down the line, refusing to talk and accept congratulations, insisting everyong come in out of the cold. It was January after all, and mostly, I wanted to dance with my new husband.

I took off my shoes, of course, because that's what I do. Rachael had tennis shoes on for hers, didn't she?

I don't remember eating anything that night, which is too bad, because I do remember looking at the spread, and it looked fabulous!

Someone put jello on the windshield of the truck. Real, liquified, and not set yet, jello. And then they took the windshield wipers. I remember being really ticked off, because that's just mean. It wasn't funny at all. Wow! I'm stilled ticked off about it.

Anna Rogers caught the bouquet. She's not married yet, wasn't even remotely close to the next one to get married, so I think Mythbusters should come out and do a story on it.

1 comments:

Rach said...

"But it just may be a lunatic you're lookin' for."
Yes, I wore tennis shoes.