Family Vacation 2008

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sarah

I think my 12 year old must have had a terrible day yesterday.

She slept in. I know she didn't wake up until 6:45, because I woke up and asked David if Sarah had left for school yet, and he woke up and realized she hadn't. So, instead of 30 minutes to get ready, she had 3. She made it, though.

Some stupid boy called her ugly. Instead of crying, which is what I surely would have done, she told him off. "That was unkind, rude, and in my opinion should be illegal. And if you ever say anything like that to me again, I will tell the teacher!" Way to stand up for yourself!

Ella cracked her forehead while David and I were out for dinner. It bled. A lot, I guess. Sarah's always been so good about not calling us while we're out, so when the phone rings, we know it's an emergency. She felt so guilty about it, it was our anniversary date, but neither of us wanted her to. We've always told her not to call unless...well, this was the unless. David and I spent some time trying to let Sarah know we weren't mad at her for calling.

After a day like this, I might have been curled up in the corner, or I might have been pounding on the piano with all my might. The latter being the more likely scenario. Well, I went to sleep to the strains of "Man from Snowy River", "Moon River", and whatever else Sarah is working on these days.

I'm proud of her.

1 comments:

Rach said...

Poor Sarah . . . she is a pretty tough kid!