Family Vacation 2008

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Kate Voegel

I just bought a new cd (I love that I can get on itunes and download a cd, and not have to wait for two weeks to have it arrive in the mail from Amazon, although don't get me wrong I love Amazon, and usually it would arrive in two days, but this particular cd was on backorder, and they didn't have the mp3 option anymore, but that's okay because itunes lowered the price on the full album to what the mp3 price had been at Amazon when I first thought about buying it on Wednesday morning, so I'm awfully glad that I took some time to think about it and didn't actually purchase it until Saturday because it saved me two dollars on the download option, and even though I prefer the hard copy of the cd, in this case I didn't mind, I just made a folder and then burned a back up copy of my own, and who needs another another cd hanging around feeling left out because it doesn't fit into any of the three, yes three, cd cases that we have in the living room. *grin*)

It's a singer named Kate Voegel. (Maybe I should say "artist" or even "musician", after all she doesn't seem to be just a singer, she does all of her own piano playing, and I learned this because I first heard her while I was watching an episode of "One Tree Hill" last week, which is one of my favorite guilty pleasures, but when I can find such fabulous music by watching a show maybe I shouldn't feel guilty about it at all, except that I know I'm not watching the show for the music, I'm afraid to admit that I watch the show for the cute guys, yes I know I have a problem, but it's my problem and I like it, so tough to anyone who is going to mock me about this, and I'm sure there are those, Esther, who will really want to.)

My favorite track is "Kindly Unspoken". (I wish I could come up with such wonderfully, poetic names for my songs, but truthfully, I've not been writing songs at all the last couple of weeks, because the definition of a song is a piece that has been written for voice, and I've had no singing to speak of, it's all been strictly piano solos, and although I love my piano solos, I do miss composing songs, just that lyrics have been escaping me the last three weeks, everything I've come up with has been stupid and shallow, so David says I need to find myself a lyricist, and he's probably right, but I don't want to deal with a partner right now, I've done that before, and it's not that easy, but that's okay because I do love my piano pieces, I think I've said that recently, and when I can listen to such wonderfully, poetic songs like Kate Voegel's song, "Kindly Unspoken", I can be happy in knowing that if I don't give up, and I haven't given up, the words will come back to me eventually.)

1 comments:

Rach said...

Whoa. Take a breath. :)