Family Vacation 2008

Monday, February 11, 2008

Google Earth



I saw the homes I lived in when we lived in the Philippines. I also saw the path to the beach where I lost Jon's fish because they jumped out of the bucket and walked away. (I kid you not!)


I saw the river where the sand bar crumbled and the undertow swept me away. Yes, I probably came very near to death by drowning that day, but truthfully I was more afraid of the sharks.


I saw the road that has my tooth next to it. Laffy Taffy, purchased at the commisary, will pull out loose teeth. I just didn't know it until I made it home. Oh well, the tooth fairy came just the same.





I saw the beach on the Capones where my family used to picnic. We would take the banca boats out to this tiny island and spend the day together.
(See the little boat? Locals would paddle people out to those two islands, for a price, of course. It was amazingly fun!)


Yes, I had a very interesting childhood.

0 comments: