Family Vacation 2008

Friday, February 22, 2008

Fives

A while ago (probably in January), Kate tagged me with "Five Things". I had just barely finished "Three Things," and not too long before that I had done "Four Things" and "Ten Recommendations," so I waited to tackle the "Five Things" because I couldn't think of anything at the moment and I just wasn't prepared to do another list. I think I'm ready now, and if not, well, to bad!


Five books I've read this week:

  1. Blue Bloods
  2. Wicked Lovely
  3. Masquerade
  4. Dragon Harper
  5. Les Miserables (I'm more than 400 pages in!)

Five meals I've cooked recently:

  1. Enchilada casserole
  2. Pork chops with wild rice and gravy
  3. Pasta Fagioli
  4. Spaghetti
  5. Shepherd's Pie

Five musicals that have significantly impacted the way I think (not in any particular order):

  1. Singing in the Rain
  2. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
  3. Man of la Mancha
  4. Les Miserables
  5. West Side Story

Five Things I loved about the 80's

  1. Cute shoes
  2. Oversized sweaters
  3. Wave music
  4. Footloose
  5. Sitcoms


A memorable story from when I was five:

I was in kindergarten (of course) and it was a cold and rainy day. But, being stubborn even then, I didn't want to wear a coat or a jacket, I wanted to wear my shawl. It was crocheted, made with pastel variegated yarn, with a white fringe around the edges (I could be making this part up, but it seems so real!) If you really want a good visual, think 1975, made by my mother (good quality), and a little like a grandma shawl.

I got to school, and yes, I was cold. After all, it was a cold and rainy day. Being the resourceful young lady that I was, I went inside. Inside is bound to be warmer and dryer than outside. Unfortunately, we weren't supposed to be inside yet, and when my teacher, Ms. Nickles, pointed that out to me, I was very embarrassed. In fact, I couldn't look at her for what seems like a month. In retrospect, I'm sure it wasn't that long, but even a couple of hours is eternity to a five year old.

The only "Five" quote I can think of this morning (extra gold star if you know where it comes from):

"How are you?"
"Five by five."

0 comments: