Family Vacation 2008

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer Voice

Over the last few summers I have noticed that I am a much more relaxed voice teacher during the summer months. It's not as if I'm a drill sargeant during the school year, but there are many more things to worry about (musical auditions, solo auditions, choir auditions, festival...) than during the summer.


I started my first official summer lessons yesterday, the first week of June being more or less a throwaway because the kids are still finishing up with school, and I had a ball! We laughed and we sang. We laughed and I listened. We laughed and chose new music. We laughed just for the sake of laughing. Then we laughed some more.


Somehow, in the midst of all this laughter, singing and learning took place. It was one of those days that makes me glad I'm a teacher.

1 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Sounds like fun! Glad your summer's off to a good start and hope it's a relaxing one!