Family Vacation 2008

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Reunion

I've spent so much time this week playing catch-up: catch-up the laundry, catch-up the lessons, catch-up the cleaning, catch-up the scouting, catch-up the blog, catch-up the reading, catch-up catch-up catch-up, that I've not really taken the time to write about what's happened since we got back.

I guess this is catch-up, too.

Sunday I went to a reunion of some of my high school friends. We graduated 20 years ago (ouch!) and our official reunion is in August, but I wasn't sure I wanted to go to that one. Really. I didn't know, or get along with, or even like most of these people when I was there, why would I want to spend 2-3 days and an exorbitant amount of money to be with them again? But, I digress. The reunion on Sunday was organized by one of my oldest friends (I've only known one person longer) because he currently lives in New Zealand and wanted to see all our old friends while he was in town.

The result was, a reunion of just the people that I called my friends in high school.

Of course we were missing a few: schedules are just too busy, vacations got in the way, Brian is teaching music in Italy, but the majority of my group of friends was there. And we had a ball.

It's funny to see people for the first time in 10 years (we did a get together like this 10 years ago) and see all the weight people have gained. Or the new wrinkles, or the gray hair, or the lost hair, and realize that we have all gotten old. (When did that happen?) But Dana is still skinny and kind, Carrie is still soft spoken and gracious, Cindy still takes care of other people, Angie still feeds everyone who walks through her door, Scott is still ridiculously funny, Danny is still a tease, Kelly still has a need to be the center of attention, and Jared is still everyone's friend.

Me? I'm still overdramatic. (shocker there...Rachael, you can quit laughing now) (you too, Kate) (what am I saying? Everyone knows it's true.)

But, it was fun. And I'm glad that I went. I know why these people were my friends; they still are. The best part is that I feel even less desire to attend the "official" reunion now. Woohoo! I just saved $114!

1 comments:

Kate said...

Not laughing at you... just laughing to the right of you. No, you're not overdramatic. You're just the right side of dramatic :-)

I love you!