Family Vacation 2008

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

july 4

excerpts from my journal

Happy Independence Day!!!

I hadn't realized how much I've missed writing in a journal. I've been blogging all year, and yes, I've blogged every day, but I love paper and pen. I take notes about everything. I have pages and pages of lists. I hope when this vacation is over that I don't just go back to only blogging.

Sarah was sick yesterday. That curtailed a lot of our plans, but it turned out to be a good thing. The skies cleared up, the temperature warmed slightly, and yesterday felt like a real camping trip. We sat around and played games. The kids, except Sarah, walked everywhere in the campground. We had a campfire, so we made tin foil dinners, and s'mores. We sang silly campfire songs (by this time Sarah had quit throwing up, slept all day and was feeling better) played silly games and ended the night with a couple of round about stories.

Also, we took three of the kids into Rapid City for some supplies. Ben was sitting in the van by Ella and was driving her nuts. There came a point when she had had it, turned to him, spoke in a loud voice and said, "You stinkin' little rat!" It took all of my control as a mother not to burst out laughing right then and there. Where in the world did she hear that?

2 comments:

Rach said...

Rosie: You tell that weasley little rat I'm not here!
Albert: That proves it's her! Who else would know that I'm a weasley little rat?

Ha ha ha ha! Good for you, Ella!

Miss Megan said...

Yay! I love to write in my journal, it is way more extensive than my blog. You're right, it just feels good to use a pen and paper. Then again, it's fun to choose a journal to write in...