Family Vacation 2008

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Prince Caspian

I really liked this movie a lot. It wasn't my all-time favorite, but it certainly is one of the best movies I've seen this summer. (Wall-E and Iron Man being the other two)

Sometimes if a movie is based on a book, you really should have read the book before you go to the movie, otherwise you just don't get all the important pieces of information (Harry Potter being the prime example). This is not the case here. I loved the book, and I will most certainly read it again, but it's not necessary to enjoy the movie. The screenwriters did a fine job of translated CS Lewis' work for the big screen.

The actors are well cast, the location is well chosen, the music is well composed. I could go on and on.

In short...it's a movie worth seeing.

1 comments:

Erica said...

I REALLY would like to see it. :^) It's looking like perhaps borrowing it after my in-laws buy it might be the way I have to go though. I loved the book and the first movie. Thanks for the review.