Family Vacation 2008

Thursday, July 17, 2008

july 6

excerpts from my journal

Yesterday was a big travel day. It had to be because now we're in Gillette, Wyoming.

I slept in a bed last night. I had a shower yesterday and one this morning. The kids have their own room and think it's amazing.

Yesterday's trip included one last stop at Mt. Rushmore - I Love that place! We bought a DVD and had pie in the cafe. Then we all said goodbye to the President's and loaded ourselves into the van.

Our next major stop was Devils Tower in Wyoming. It was really impressive, the hike was okay, and I'll probably never go back again. It just wasn't that great. But the kids did the Jr. Ranger program and I got a bunch of pictures, so I figure it was worth it.

Now we're in Gillette. Church - not our ward - is starting in a few minutes. the kids are a little nervous, as am I; someone else's ward is always a little uncomfortable.

0 comments: