Family Vacation 2008

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

june 30

excerpts from my journal

Oh Dark Hundred.
My Dad used to say that all of the time. It indicates freakin' early in the morning in navy speak.

We tried to leave at Oh Dark Hundred and didn't quite make it. Things were not as put together as I'd thought. Oh well. We still got off before 6:00 am.

We stopped at a place called Will-Yum's for breakfast. The food was homecooked and pretty decent, but my favorite part had to be when the waitress asked "Who's ready to order?" and my three youngest just raised their hands like they were in school.

Will-Yum's is located in Ft. Bridger, Wyoming, and to my delight, the fort was open when we finished eating. I knew it would make for a long day (I was right, by the way), but I wanted to look around the fort. The kids did, too, and so we did.

The rest of the drive was pretty dull, we listened to a book and some music, we drove and drove...

Our campground is beautiful, but minimal. No electricity, an outhouse not too far away. There's a faucet not too far away as well. (but we shared it with the rest of the campers)

0 comments: