Family Vacation 2008

Friday, July 18, 2008

Caught Up

That's it! I've finished blogging about my vacation. Of course I've been home longer than we were gone, but it's all there nonetheless. We had a great time. I highly recommend Mt. Rushmore as a family vacation spot.

Here's what I learned, or at least bits and pieces of it.

1. My kids no longer need a movie in the van to help them travel well. In the past, we've hooked up the portable DVD player and let the kids watch movies the entire trip. This time, instead of that, I uploaded audio books onto my ipod and we all listened to "Inkheart" and "The Merchant of Death" together. Do you know what it did? It gave us all something to talk about. And when we got tired of listening to that I had a playlist that I made specifically for this trip.

2. Bishops are the same no matter where you attend church. The ward we went to in Gillette was teeny. They didn't even have an organist, accompaniment for the singing of the hymns was provided by a piano player. So, imagine the excitement on the Bishop's face when my family comes in and sits down on the back row. The bishop didn't say anything to us before the meeting, but he caught up with us half way to our car in the parking lot afterwards. (Stalker Bishop)

3. Joshua would eat ketchup straight if I would let him. I think that's pretty self-explanatory.

4. I love spending time with my family. Enough said.

2 comments:

Mandee Lue said...

Adorable -- I love your cute family!!

Stephanie said...

So much fun!
I can't wait for our family's next vacation-- so inspiring!