Family Vacation 2008

Friday, March 28, 2008

Nobody

I'm Nobody! Who Are You?

I'm nobody! Who are you?

Are you nobody, too?

Then there's a pair of us - don't tell!

They'd banish us, you know!


How dreary to be somebody!

How public like a frog

To tell one's name the livelong day

To an admiring bog!

Emily Dickinson

I love poetry! I signed up for a daily poem from About.com and have just loved it! Sometimes as a mother I feel like my brain is turning to mush (Green Eggs and Ham only goes so far in stimulating brain cells) and so having a new poem to read every day is like a sit-up for my mind. (Just one. This is, after all, a very short poem.)

My suggestion for today? Read a poem. Do that mental sit-up. Oh wait! You've read my blog! It's a poem! Yeah! (Too many exclamation points!!!!!)

0 comments: