Family Vacation 2008

Friday, March 7, 2008

Ella and Corbin Conversations

I tended Corbin all day yesterday. Danna had the school performances of "Civil War", Devon was at school, Seth was at work, and Corbin needed a place to be, so he came to me.

Corbin and Ella get along really well most of the time. It's really one of the easiest babysitting jobs I could do, they entertain each other, and on occasion, me, too.

Corbin: Listen!
C: Listen!
C: Listen!
Ella: Stop saying that!
C: Listen!
C: Listen!
E: Why are you saying that?
C: I always say Listen! Listen!
(slight pause)
C: AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

This was followed by an in depth discussion (for preschool kids) of names.

C: My name is Corbin Alexander Barney. My brother's name is Devon Patrick Barney.
E: I am Ella Rogers
C: NO! You're Ella Marie Rogers!
E:
C: My daddy's name is Seth.
E: Seth. I know Seth!
C: My other people are Danna.

Somehow, the discussion of names lead directly to vacation woes.

C: Lasterday we went to the beach.
E: The beach? Did you see *mumble mumble* (I couldn't hear this part)
C: I took my bunny.
E: The green one?
C: No, the yellow one. Remember the yellow bunny?
E: I remember.

Both children let out a downhearted sigh. I guess the yellow bunny is still missed.

There should be some fascinating summary of everything I learned by listening to innocent children, how they see the world, how they communicate, how clever they are...I've got nothing. It's just funny.

*smile*

2 comments:

Rach said...

Sigh . . . poor lost bunny!

Shauna said...

So Danna is just "other people"? Poor Danna.