Family Vacation 2008

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Bunnies and Battles

Bunnies...

Happy Easter!

I love Easter because it means spring to me, as well as other, more spiritual things. David and I have tried to make Easter a special holiday for the kids, not by ceaselessly speaking of the Easter Bunny (he doesn't come to our house), but by focusing on the Savior. They still get Easter baskets filled with candy and such, but those are gifts from David and me.

Ella was excited about her basket (Thank you, Mom for the the bunny!) and immediately tried to eat her chocolate bunny. Guess what part she went for? Ears!!! Of course!

Battles...

David and I went to see "The Civil War" at Hale Centre Theatre last night. In spite of the mixed reviews that I had been hearing, I really enjoyed it. There were some things that weren't as stellar as they should have been, but overall, the show was well worth the cost. Every time the slave ensemble broke into rousing song I waited for my sister, who was sitting behind us, to start shouting "Amen!" and "You tell it, sister!" Esther went on a mission to South Carolina and we just kind of expect that sort of thing from her. The actress playing Sarah had a particularly lovely voice and I enjoyed every one of her songs. Pierce and Lochran were physically well cast as foes (similar height and build, opposite in coloring) but vocally Pierce was much stronger. Strangely enough, it wasn't Lochran's weak voice that bothered me, it was his stiff physical movements. The men's ensemble was pretty amazing, singing very difficult songs and harmonies with emotion and strength. All in all, I thought the show worked.

Yes. I enjoyed myself.

0 comments: