Family Vacation 2008

Thursday, March 27, 2008

More Rehearsal

I've reached that point in the show where my body is feeling every single minute of it's 37 years, 5 months, 4 days, 18 hours and some odd minutes. (I was born about 11:30 in the morning, right Mom?)

I always reach this point, and I always forget that it exists until I reach it again.

I've pushed my body in order to keep up with the plethora of 20 somethings who inhabitat the wild, wild west. I'm not sure how it happened, but apparently, in Annie Oakley's time the minute a person turns 30 they either become a lead or drop off the face of the earth. (That's not entirely true, there are 4 of us who have passed that mark...all women, by the way. That says something, too. Oh yeah, it says that "The Civil War" is also running, and all the over 30 men were smart enough to go fight in the "recent unpleasantness" instead of singing about show business.)

I'm very tired this morning.

It's not that rehearsals are keeping me up so late. I got home just after 10:30 last night, but I can't just fall into bed. I need some time to relax, unwind, talk with David about all the emotional things that are happening right now, and that is what's taking the toll. I may get home at 10:30, but I don't get to sleep until almost 12:00. Poor David still gets up in the morning and talks to Sarah before she leaves for school. Then he goes to work all day long. I sleep in, stay in my pajamas as long as possible, teach a couple of lessons, and then run off to rehearsal again. This is an unfair life. Gosh! I should quit complaining! (Sorry, David.)

As with every show I've ever been involved with, there are things besides the blocking and the singing that need to be dealt with. And right now that's what we're doing. Rumors, gossip, hurt feelings, offensive remarks, lazy actors, talking, illness, boredom, missing actors, unblocked scenes (two days before first producers preview!) and just about any other problem a director would have nightmares about. Hence, the need to unwind emotionally before I can go to sleep.

I'm sorry, David. It's a good thing you love me so much!

p.s. Blast! It's snowing again.

1 comments:

Cat said...

i know what you mean about feeling every bit you're age and i'm one of those 20 somethings...towards the end of the run of a show i get so tired