Family Vacation 2008

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

D.C. al Fine

From the beginning to the end

What a year this has been! So many amazing things have happened. A quote from "Ally McBeal" (remember that old TV show?)

If you think back and replay your year, if it doesn't bring you tears either of joy or sadness, consider it wasted.

I've been thinking back over my year for the last couple of days, and I have to say, I've cried more than a couple of times, both in joy and sadness. But, that's okay. I love that my life if full of ups and downs. Everything in opposition...right?

Some memorable moments from this year:
Aunt Shirley passes away.
Annie Get Your Gun
Cheese Pizza vs. Nachos
Les Miserables
Mount Rushmore
Bye Bye Birdie
Ella used to have long hair
Gilmore Girls (with Rachael)
Drewser comes to my house
Ben is Cub of the Month
A 45 mile bike ride (and being willing to do it again next year!)
The Drowsy Chaperone
14, 13, 10, 9, 4 (14 years of marriage, Sarah turns 13, Ben turns 10, Josh turns 9, Ella turns 4)
Many, many tags
Sarah got a ballet solo
Two good friends move away from me
Three friends get engaged
Arrow of Light
Ben bDen
Harry Potter vs. Bobby Pendragon
Baseball games
Opera (especially Puccini)
Teaching Relief Society
Playing in the water at Gateway
Deciding to sell our home
Perfect Princess for Halloween
You stinkin' little rat!
Michael Phelps
Cow tipping
Sabrina
Joshua being bullied
Doctor Who, Eureka, other sci-fi shows
Pink hair, purple hair, red hair
Smart (alec) children

and now...
Almost 15 (Our 15th anniversary is in two weeks)

I leave you (after 430 posts this year of 365 in 365...stupid overachiever!) with all my best wishes for 2009. May you find joy in abundance and just enough sorrow to season it.

With love,
Patti

1 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Aw, I'm going to miss your daily blogging. Of course, now when you post I'll know it's something that truely mattered to you, and that's cool too.

Happy New Year, Patti. Good luck with everything!