Family Vacation 2008

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Junior High School Choir Concert

...otherwise known as a lesson in deteriorating manners

The sopranos were out of tune, but hey, I sing with the Sterling Singers, so I'm rather accustomed to that. The men were barely audible, but it's Junior High School, so the fact that there were men at all is an accomplishment. The show choir was all show and very little talent...but, junior high, duh.

The part of the evening that drove me the most nuts was the audience. I could not believe the idiot children who sat behind me. Obviously junior high students, obviously there with a parent (no license yet!), had to sit by their idiot friends and talk the entire concert. And if they weren't talking, they were kicking the row of chairs. Stupid kids.

David had adult sitting behind him. Guess what? No better! They talked and laughed (loudly, I might add) the entire concert. And had a cell phone problem, too.

Sarah mentioned that her teacher was worried about having listed concert etiquette in the program. I wish she had stopped the concert, turned around, and spelled it out for the audience...oh wait! Idiot children can't spell!

0 comments: