Family Vacation 2008

Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year

I didn't really make any New Years' Resolutions this year, there's too much upheaval right now to set anything other than 1. I will sell my house and 2. I will buy a new home.

Still, I have found that having a theme for the year really helps me stay focused and keep my sense of humor. A couple of years ago our family theme was "My life may suck, but it's better than yours". See the sense of humor? And that year actually turned out to be pretty great. So, when David and I were talking yesterday we chose a theme, a theme song, and a scripture to go along with it.

Ether 12:4

Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.

"The Best is Yet To Come"

the song of the same name, sung by Frank Sinatra

Our thought was that this scripture, along with the chosen theme and song, would keep our minds focused on hope; hope that the house will sell, hope that we will find the right place to move, hope that the children will grow in the gospel, hope that our family will grow together, hope for a better world.

Happy New Year! And don't forget...The Best is Yet to Come!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I agree! :-D Good luck with selling your house this year!

Erica said...

What a wonderful idea to have a family theme for the year! I'll have to start that too. :^)