Family Vacation 2008

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

showing

We had our first showing yesterday. I never realized that I could be so frantic about cleaning my house. I remember feeling that way in college just before dorm inspection, but to be honest, I haven't felt that way since...until yesterday. I was running around like a mad woman with a rag in my hand cleaning as I went. I didn't even dare just put things into the closets, because maybe the buyers would want to look in the closets! I must have swept the kitchen floor half a dozen times, and I know I wiped down the bathrooms three times each. Sarah and I were scrubbing walls right up until the last minute, and poor Ella was hiding in her room (maybe she thought I'd clean her, too!)

In the end, it didn't matter all that much...the buyer hated my doors.

The doors? Oh well. I'll probably be doing it all again soon.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Definitely super stressful! Hang in there; the right people will love it.

Crystal said...

That's because doors are the most important part of a house!? Crazy people will come see your house. Just try to not go crazy yourself.

Miss Megan said...

Buyers do like to look in closets -- storage space is important.

It's weird that of all things not to like they picked the doors. Don't worry, that's the just the first guy! Someone is going to fall in love with the house you've made a home out of, and then it will all be worth it.