Family Vacation 2008

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

So Close

(So close and yet so far)

Yes, I've been listening to Frankie Valli again.

Anyway, Christmas is right around the corner. Quite literally. And yet, I have not finished my chores. The painting is almost done, but my hands have rebelled (I couldn't play piano yesterday after I finished painting, which is a problem because, hello!, lessons!) so I won't be able to finish the painting...David will have to do it, which with our combined schedules means this weekend if I'm lucky. All of this adds up to my family room being torn apart for another week, and hopefully put together in time for Christmas.

My kitchen is a mess. Wouldn't you be a mess if there were extra shelves, storage boxes, and bags of garbage (the stupid carpet guys used my garbage can to throw away all their "scraps", which ended with my garbage can being completely full on Friday...collection is on Thursday...ARGH!). My poor kitchen has been whining at me to clean it, but I can't get up the energy to get in there and deal with the confined space.

The kids bathroom was beautiful and completely redone: new paint, new floor, new toilet. Now it's paint central...we clean all the paint stuff in there. It doesn't look so beautiful and redone anymore. And other than periodic surface clean to keep the stink away, it's not ready for showing either. One more thing to do, but I can't do that until the painting is finished (see family room).

On the other hand, I have finished my shopping, except for last minute candy and treats. I've got a good start on wrapping, and Ella and I will wrap some more today. My tree is finally up, which made the kids more than a little joyful, and Elvis' Christmas album has been ringing through the house...and Ella Fitzgerald, the Cambridge Singers, Bing Crosby, Harry, Amy Grant...bunches and bunches!

Walk like a man! (and have a great day!)

1 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Oh wow. That sounds stressful! Never fear, I'm sure you can pull everything together in time for a peaceful and happy Christmas! Good luck!