Family Vacation 2008

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

That Kind of Day

It all started with a bunch of really happy kids. Everyone got dressed and ready to go without me having to tell them repeatedly. Ben forgot his French Horn, and Josh forgot his lunch.

Ella and I went to Cindy's to get our hair done. We are both ecstatic about the results which means, Ella can see again, and my neck is currently turning purple.

It was beautiful weather, so Ella and I had lunch at the park. Rachael was able to join us, along with Jacob, Drew and Sabrina. I bought Ella a kids meal from Wendy's and some extra Frosty's, so I wouldn't be responsible for any little broken hearts. The kids shared all their lunches, chicken nuggets, french fries, string cheese, fruit snacks, water, root beer, and Frosty's.

I worked on Ella's Halloween costume; she's going to be a princess. Is anyone out there surprised at all? I didn't like the way the vest/corset was put together, so I changed the design. And now, instead of one flimsy layer, with bias tape binding, it's flat lined, and then fully lined, giving it much more durability and body. It's also much more suitable for a four year old.

Sarah A. came for her lesson and we laughed so hard I thought she was going to turn purple (like my hair). I'm grateful that I like most of my students.

David and I went to the temple to do a sealing session with his family. Calm, peaceful, beautiful...how many more adjectives can I think of? Crystal made me a fabulous fifties style hairnet to keep my hair from turning my dress and veil purple. After followed our traditional stop at Sconecutter for shakes.

At home, all the kids were calm, the boys were bathed, Ella was asleep...my life is good.

0 comments: