Family Vacation 2008

Monday, October 13, 2008

A funny and a gratitude

I went back to Sterling Singers last night. For anyone who doesn't know, it's a community choir founded by Sterling (I can never remember his last name) and conducted by Kelly DeHaan. Kelly is an old friend of mine.

Yes, I know he's amazing.
Yes, I know he's like a rock star in Mormon theatrical culture.
No, I don't care that much. (Can you spot the lie?)

Anyway, back to the topic, I was sitting at Sterling Singers last night next to someone I hadn't met before (which isn't hard in a choir of almost 300 when the person you usually sit by is on vacation) and she asked me if I was one of Kelly's students.

Yes, I laughed.
Yes, I told Kelly.
No, I don't think he was so offended that he'll never let me sing again.
....................................

I'm so grateful for Christmas music. Especially really good music that makes you want to sing along.

0 comments: