Family Vacation 2008

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Priceless

With the cost of gas and groceries through the roof, I've been pondering upon the things in my life that are worth more than that, but cost less. Yes, I've been taking stock of what I have and what I haven't (sorry, the song just popped itself into my head, I had absolutely no control over it whatsoever)...What have I found?

  • the look on Sarah's face when I handed her the sheet music for Vince Guaraldi's "Linus and Lucy"
  • sitting down with Ella for her very first piano lesson (we clapped, a lot)
  • listening to Joshua and Sarah talk excitedly about "Into the Woods" (I think I've raised a bunch of theatre kids)
  • watching the Dean Martin/Jerry Lewis movie "Money From Home" with the family...there is a lip sync scene that is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life
  • having Ben tell me he's read 1350 minutes this week (his class total is 9000)
  • knowing that I haven't been wasting my life...it's a good one
  • I've got the sun in the morning and the moon at night (*sheepish grin* I just had to!)

As the world goes on, the stock market continues to fall, the economy continues to slide and panic ensues, I think I'll keep looking for these moments and remember that the most important things are priceless.

1 comments:

Hannah said...

Ben reads too much, like me and you