Family Vacation 2008

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ten Things That Start With "T"

When Rachael assigned me the letter "T" I thought, "ooo, cool letter" and proceeded to make a list of things that I love that start with "T". It's a very good thing that my words don't have to be the things I love the best, because "T"avid and "T"amily aren't great words. Still, I have a respectable list, and I had a lot of fun thinking about it.

  1. Theatre - duh. Is there really an explanation needed for this?
  2. Tap - happy feet! I love the sound of tap, I love the exercise I get from tap, I love watching tap...there isn't much about tap that I don't love. Besides, Gene Kelly does it, therefore, it must be cool.
  3. Twerps - I have four of them. I just adore my children (most of the time). What would life be without them? Um...calm, quiet...boring.
  4. Temple - I love to see the temple, (I'm going there someday!). Seriously though, the temple is one of my favorite places. Even just looking at one (there are so many in the valley!) as I drive by gives me a feeling of peace. And going to the temple, especially with David, well that's just heavenly. (sorry, kind of bad joke)
  5. Tickling the Ivories - Ha! I knew I would find a way to get piano in here! I play piano 6-7 days a week, 2-4 hours a day. It's a good thing I love it. There's no feeling quite like the sense of accomplishment when I figure out a new riff.
  6. Taking Trips with my Twerps - otherwise known as Traveling. I love getting up early in the morning, throwing the kids in the van (sometimes literally), driving all day, stopping for breakfast and lunch, and reaching a totally new destination (or Disneyland, whichever comes first). Our trip to Mt. Rushmore this summer was one of the funnest times I'd ever had with my family.
  7. Tommy Boy - "Fat guy in a little coat" Did you just sing that phrase? Me, too. This is one of my all time favorite Saturday afternoon movies. "Did you eat paint chips as a child?" There is just something about a really silly movie that makes a dull afternoon so much more fun. "Brothers don't shake hands, brothers gotta hug!"
  8. Three Sisters - I have three sisters. And truthfully, it's amazing how well we all get along. The four of us can sit around a table and not want to kill each other (very often). We will all sing the same song, in the same key (that's the amazing part) at exactly the same moment. We all get the same stupid jokes, and we all quote the same movie quotes. "These mashed potatoes are so creamy!"
  9. Tosca, Turandot, La Traviata - and pretty much any other opera by Puccini. Actually, I love pretty much any opera, except Rossini's Cinderella, which in truth is deadly dull.
  10. Teaching - whether it be piano, voice, Relief Society or any other opportunity, I love teaching! That's why I do what I do.

I had so much fun making this list, I recommend every get in touch with Rachael, get your own letter, and make one yourself! This list made me think about all the good things in my life, and how to express them to a "T" (sorry, another bad joke).

Things that didn't make the list - Tony's, take out pizza, tri-wizard tournament, tetris, thespian, and tunes.

1 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Happy Birthday, Patti! Hope it was a great one!

And I love your list :)