Family Vacation 2008

Friday, September 12, 2008

Pots, Kettles and Purple Rings

"Hello Kettle. I'm Pot. Did you know that you are black?"
"What?! Well, who are you to talk? You're black, too!"
"No I'm not! I'm a nice copper shade!"
"Maybe you were once, but you're looking pretty tarnished to me."
"Tarnished? Really?"
"Yep. Nice and dirty, just like me."
"You know, I have some S.O.S. pads in my pot, maybe they could help us both. Let's give them a try!"
"If we work together, things could be just fine!"

This message brought to you by the coalition for happier pots and kettles (CHAPOK).

I have a purple ring in my bathtub of Dr. Seuss proportions. It looks like the Cat himself came and bathed in my tub. I suppose this is appropriate since I place the blame for this ring squarely on the shoulders of "Seussical the Musical". I saw "Seussical" last Friday, and I loved the Purple Kangaroo's purple hair so much that I decided I had to have some for myself. And since Purple Kangaroo was played by Cindy Johnson (Hairdresser Extraordinaire) I was able to get purple hair on Tuesday. I love my purple hair. I adore my purple hair. I'm going to want purple hair again and again and again.

However...

My shirts are purple, my ears are purple, my neck is purple, my pillowcase is purple, my hands are purple, and yes...my bathtub is purple.

Serves me right.

4 comments:

Rach said...

You know, I had purple hair once in college. Not at bright as yours, but really cool if I stood in the sun. And . . . the purple dye washed out really easily. I don't remember it getting on my clothes or anything, but it did get all over the bathtub.

Mandee Lue said...

I REALLY want to see a photo! Not of the bathtub (unless you're bored) but of your lovely purple hair!! I'm sure it looks adorable!(hehe!)

Candice J said...

But your hair looks great!!!

Amy Maida Wadsworth said...

I haven't seen you since this transformation. Where, pray tell, are the pics?