Family Vacation 2008

Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm a Smashing Moo-sician!

I was given minus tracks for our musical "Honk" and to tell the truth, some of them aren't very good, and by aren't very good I mean really stink. And some of them are just plain missing and I mean exactly that. As a result, I've been building and repairing tracks as best I can and as fast as I can, which really isn't all that fast. To build a track from the ground up takes me, on average, one hour per minute of play time. So, if a song is three minutes long, it will usually take me three hours to build the track. Which means, since the music for "Honk" totaled about 80 minutes, that I didn't have time to fix everything. I really wish I did. Anyway, I thought I was done, but after our run through on Thursday night I realized that there are problems on a couple of tracks that I just couldn't live with, and one track in particular that I just had to scrap and start over. I started work on them last night, figuring that I might have to give up some of my precious sleep. Well, I did give up some of my precious sleep, but not because I was working on music, no! that was finished! (Hence the Smashing Moo-sician.) I gave up my sleep because I couldn't stop reading this book. It wasn't even that funny, but I kept reading and before I knew it was almost done, or at least with only 40-50 pages left, and by that time I might as well finish.

Well, I was going to post the absolutely fabulous version I finished last night right here, but I can't get access to my uploading site. Shoot! Now everyone will have to come and see "Honk!"



HONK! A Musical Tale of "Ugly Duckling"

The Taylorsville Arts Council presents HONK! A Musical Tale of "Ugly Duckling" on Sept. 25, 26, 27 and 29, 2008, at 7:30 p.m. (matinee Sept. 27 at 2:00 p.m.) at Eisenhower Junior High, 4351 South Redwood Road. Cost for admission is five dollars per person.

0 comments: