Family Vacation 2008

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Maybe I should have been Ariel

I've almost completely lost my voice. And since I'm obsessively careful about everything connected with my singing, I won't even be trying to talk today, and maybe tomorrow. The last time this happened, when my voice got to the hoarse, mannish stage, I quit talking and wondrously! got my voice back rather quickly. The key is not to aggravate it while it's trying to heal.

I'll still have to go to rehearsal tonight, and I still have bunches of lessons to teach today, but I can do that without a lot of vocalizing. Isn't it amazing that I've been teaching lessons for so long that I know how teach voice lessons without vocalizing? It isn't the best way to go about it, but since I'm always ragging on my students about vocal health, it definitely makes a point.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

How sad! Best wishes for full vocal health soon!

Miss Megan said...

I should watch the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers commentary again. I'm sure they mention the recipie for "Gollum Juice" somewhere. That would help put you to rights... I think.

Hope your voice heals soon. Oh, and you looked gorgeous last night!