Family Vacation 2008

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Feet

I started my tap class officially yesterday. Yippee! I love tap! It was really funny to watch the old ladies in my class try to figure out if I was going to be behind, or slow them down. They all asked questions about how long I've been taking lessons. We started with barre, which doesn't really give a good indication of ability (toe, toe, toe, toe...heel, heel, heel, heel) but then we went into Maxie Ford's and when I whipped those out I think they started to feel better. But it wasn't until I wasted them all on the double shuffle buffalos that they realized I was a decent tapper. In actuality, the old ladies and I are a good match. There are a couple of things that they do that I haven't learned yet, but I pick up fast, and there are a couple of things that I just plain do better than them.

I wore my character shoes for what felt like eternity last night but was really only 5 hours. Still, character shoes on a junior high school stage and having danced for more than an hour in the morning...well, my feet were killing me by the end of the night. The things we do for shows. Hmmm. I did bring my house slippers with me, and when I got the chance to put those on, my feet were very grateful.

I'm grateful for my feet.

  • they don't hurt this morning.
  • they know how to dance
  • they carry me where I want to go
  • they wear toe nail polish well






Can you spot the Maxie Ford's?

4 comments:

Mandee Lue said...

As if you weren't amazing enough? AND now you tell me that you TAP too?? Yeah, I sit here in awe of you. I have always always always wanted to learn to tap! Good for you for being good to your feet too -- that's vital (especially during hell week!) I look forward to seeing the show on Friday!!

Oh! And thanks for the cute clip!! Dean's great, but I LOVE Gene Kelly!!

Unknown said...

Until your blog I thought a Maxie Ford was called an "Excursion". (Ba-dump-bum)

Crystal said...

Gene Kelly is my all time favorite dancer, hands down. I could see the step. I can even do them. But I do them better in one direction than the other. But it has been a long while since I tried them. Maybe I should do them on stage tonight. Ha ha.

Miss Megan said...

I didn't know you tap! Awesome! I haven't danced in awhile and I miss it. Will you have a recital? I'd love to come see you!