Family Vacation 2008

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Satisfaction

Opening night proved to be a job well done.

Of course, a couple of things went wrong, they always do, but we handled it and went on, because that's what we do.

The audience was great! They were vocal and appreciative, and mostly over 60.

The sets were absolutely gorgeous...and kind of a surprise, even to the cast (we hadn't seen them finished yet).

In the end, I'm always glad to start performances as opposed to rehearsals. Less time away from home = more time with my kids.

3 comments:

Rach said...

It was a job very well done! We really liked it. Dave especially liked the guns. When Frank pulled out one of the guns, Dave leaned over and said, "That's a 30/30."

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I wish I lived closer so I could come see too...at least you can live with the satisfaction that you have started a new soundtrack in my head. No it isn't related, but I started hearing "The Show Must Go On" in my head while I was reading this (and the Moulin Rouge version, not Queen--very strange)

You are very powerful....

Kate said...

I agree - I prefer performances (or at least run throughs) to rehearsals ANY day.

CONGRATULATIONS!