Family Vacation 2008

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Evasion

Every year since we moved into this house David and I have gotten phone calls for H&R Block. These calls usually begin sometime in January and continue until the middle of April. I guess sometime many years back the phone number for H&R Block was misprinted in a phone book and came up as our number instead.

Anyway, over the last few years the phone calls have been dwindling, until last year there were only two or three. I'm not certain how I feel about this, because I always knew it was time to get started on my taxes when the people on the phone started asking, "Is this H&R Block?"

This year I got one phone call, and it was in January. I figured I was done. At least until yesterday about 7:30 pm when the phone rang.

Me: Hello?
Stupid Procrastinating Man: Uh.
Me: Hello?
SPM: Uh. Is this H&R Block?
Me: No. (In my mind..."You're going to be late!")
SPM: I guess I have a wrong number.

David and I got many laughs out of the stupid procrastinating man that is probably right now either very sleep deprived or freaking out about not getting his taxes finished in time.

The moral of this story? If you're late getting your taxes done, don't call me, I will mock you!

3 comments:

Rach said...

I was wondering yesterday how many people would be at the post office at 11:59 trying to get their taxes mailed off. Stupid Procrastinating People.

Shauna said...

We have been getting calls for Jericho Construction ever since we moved here. It happens all the time. People always sound so confused when they ask for the owner of the business and I tell them they have reached a private residence.

Sharon said...

that's really funny- about the guy getting his taxes done late. Now about him calling you, well I bet it adds some comic relief to your life sometimes.

lol!