Family Vacation 2008

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

This is the chore that never ends...

I hate laundry.

I think I have a very logical and reasonable excuse for feeling this way.

Laundry never ends.

For example: I have four children and two adults in my household. If I start washing on Monday morning, run my washing machine and my dryer all day long, spend my "free" moments folding clothes, then putting them away, or at least in the vicinity of away, when I finish this chore, late on Monday afternoon (probably just before lessons), the clothes that I am wearing are dirty. Therefore, laundry is not really finished, just temporarily forestalled from taking over the house.

There is a solution to this.

Many, many ages ago, when my family lived in the Phillippines, my best friend was Tunie. We would play at her house about half the time and occasionally her mother would come and tell us to go downstairs and not come up again because she was going to be doing the laundry. Well, being seven years old, I had no idea why her doing the laundry should banish us to the 1st floor. When I asked about it, Tunie informed me that her mother liked to do the laundry naked.

Hey! That would mean that all the laundry would be done! It could actually get finished! Too bad I can't imagine that happening around here.

Oh well. My laundry will never end.

I hate laundry.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me know if you change your mind, I'll be sure to get some curtains for the front windows. Oh, and please don't answer the door if you do change your mind.

Sharon said...

I TOTALLY agree!

What I usually do is put my laundry in, while my lights are in the washer, wear a pair of PJ's I don't mind throwing in with the darks, and then when the lights are in the dryer, I get in the shower, and by the time I'm done in the shower, my lights are done, which means-- I'm clean all around-- lol!)

Michelle said...

This might just be the greatest thing I've ever heard.