Family Vacation 2008

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Romantic Notions

When the sun has set
and the world's in silhouette,
people get romantic notions.
On a summer night,
sharing drinks by candlelight,
we invite romantic notions.

Often when I reach the end of the day,
I dream of the way life could be.
Gazing at the stars I leave all my cares,
my earthly affairs behind.

Dreams don't all come true.
Look at me and look at you.
Still I can't deny
dreams help me get by.
Leave me my romantic notions.

When the fog rolls in
and the moon is paper thing,
people spin romantic notions.
Like an August breeze
whistling through the willow trees,
such are these romantic notions.

Often when I feel the binds growing tight
I go on a flight of fancy.
Picturing a dream as if it were true
helps people get through the night,
and come out all right.

We can light a spark
when the world is growing dark.
Let your vision soar.
That's what dreams are for.
Cherish your romantic notions.

Cherish your romantic notions.

1 comments:

Sharon said...

Every single time I read these lyrics I always think of Kate... I grew up with her singing that song.

And it's a favorite of mine too!

♥!