Family Vacation 2008

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

various

We had an actor have to quit the play (no, not in a huff) and so I'm now playing Grace. Thank goodness it's a smaller role. The funny thing about teaching the music to everyone else is that I don't really learn it myself. I know every one's entrances and cut offs, but I couldn't sing the alto part for you. And now I have lines to memorize, too, and I don't have a script. This is going to be interesting.

I'm excited to start sewing for Hale. I really like the idea of doing something besides teaching lessons. Don't get me wrong, I still love teaching, it's just that expanding my repertoire sounds great.

I made Joshua cry yesterday. Esther and I have been planning this trip to New York next summer, and the boys caught me looking at the New York Yankees web page. When they found out I was going to a Yankees game without them, well, you would think I'd cut off their right hands. And then I told Joshua about the Museum of Natural History, with one of the best dinosaur exhibits in the world, and he started crying. Tough way to learn that life isn't fair.

I'm still fighting these headaches. Just when I think I've got them licked, they come back with a vengeance. At least I've still been able to function. That's my way of saying, "it could be worse".

On the best note ever, Cat comes home today! I've missed her way more than the amount of mail I've sent her would seem to indicate...

0 comments: