Family Vacation 2008

Saturday, August 30, 2008

unconnected thoughts

My 20 year high school reunion is this weekend and I have no desire at all to go. I might have if I hadn't had the chance to see almost all of my old friends earlier this summer, but truthfully, the thought of trying to mingle and reminisce with people that I could barely stand 20 years ago makes my blood run cold. And this brought me to the conclusion that although there were many things about high school that I still look back on fondly, for the most part I think I hated it.

I had breakfast with Crystal and Teresa this morning, instead of lunch yesterday, due to unavoidable delays. Ella was sad that she didn't get to see Grant, which makes me happy, because the next to last time she saw him, she could have cared less if he had walked off the edge of a cliff. After all, he had taken her favorite doll from her and was teasing her with it, so she hit him with a broom, and then Crystal and I had to separate them, and punish them, and well...you get the idea. Back to breakfast, these are two women that just make me smile and laugh. It might have been better if I had actually woken up on time, and not when Crystal knocked on my front door, waking Ella up, who in turn came and woke me up to tell me that someone was knocking. I must be more tired than I thought.

I made a small batch of salsa this week (thank you, Rachael!) and it's really yummy! But, because there's not that much of it, I won't be sharing like I did the last time I made salsa. Anyway, I love the smell of salsa simmering in my kitchen. It's such a fall time smell. The next thing you know, I'll be simmering apple cider, or baking snickerdoodles (cinnamon, yum!). It's fall!

Speaking of fall, the kids are back in school! Yippee! I kind of thought that my life would settle down once the kids were gone, but to my surprise (not!) it hasn't. I've been just as busy, and in some ways busier since school started. Why do I let that happen?

2 comments:

Rach said...

I'm glad there were enough tomatoes for salsa. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Breakfast was fun :)

I LOVE all the fall time smells too! It makes me want to move where fall lasts a bit longer (or actually happens)