Family Vacation 2008

Monday, August 4, 2008

August 1

excerpts from my journal

We're in Coalville and it is cold!!! I just got back from riding my bike to the bathroom (*love* flush toilets) and my fingers are stiff.

I stared at the stars for a long time last night. There's very little in the way of ambient light, so there are billions of stars.

On the other hand, the freeway is so close that the noise level seems at odds with the peaceful scenery. I live right by a highway, and it's not this noisy. How distressing.

Trying to get everything packed was a very frustrating experience. Sarah and Ben were gone, David was at work, I had to clean the house and teach lessons. I forgot many things like: propane, pillows and shirts for me. Not to mention stuff for lunches. But I remembered my bike gloves *grin*. Strange...I know. At least we made it here.

1 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Love you Patti. Glad you survived and even enjoyed your most recent foray into nature! Sounds like fun.