Family Vacation 2008

Thursday, June 18, 2009

One Day at a Time

My life has taken some difficult turns in the last few months. Nothings gone the way I'd planned. Yes, there is a song there, and if you know "Romance, Romance" at all you might recognize it (I know Kate knows!). Still, I have to rely on my belief that what the Lord has planned for me is better than what I had planned for myself.

Imagine how difficult this would be if David and I had not already put our house on the market. Or if the house had sold back in January and we were already making new (not improved, but probably higher) payments.

Imagine if we had to start planning to move now, trying to get everything packed up, and find a place to live, with the added pressure of no current employment.

Imagine if my longtime friend Kelly hadn't convinced me that the time was ripe for me to be looking for a teaching position again. Imagine if I had just started that process when David lost his job.

Imagine what I would have been feeling if David and I had not been attending the temple, fasting and praying about all these questions all along.

Yes, my life is hard right now. But, I can see the Lord's hand guiding us all along the way, over this very treacherous and affliction filled path. It's not over yet, and truthfully, I'm not certain I've found the tunnel, much less the light at the end of the tunnel, but if I take it one day at a time, with the Lord's help, my life will be better when this is all over.

3 comments:

Erica said...

I'm so with you on this. It's been a really, really rough 18 months for us and yet I can see the Lord's hand in the whole thing. I've also found that the positive attitude you're showing is something that is helping me get through it too. Not that I don't have my down days, mind you. I just try and keep them infrequent. Good luck!!

Kate said...

"My life has taken turns I don't begin to understand
I hear the drum, my time is come
The play's about to start
But I can't recall my part
Is the mask I'm wearing comical or tragic?
Something precious has been lost
My mind keeps going over all the bridges I have crossed
Yet strange to say, as dark and gray
and hopeless as it seems
I am not without my dreams
Though it sounds naive, I still believe in magic!"

(all from memory, darlin - you know it!)

Amy Maida Wadsworth said...

Keep doing what you're supposed to be doing, and you'll be fine. I believe it with all my heart! God bless!