Family Vacation 2008

Sunday, June 7, 2009

End of School Bragging Rights

School ended for my kids on Friday (quite a day, that Friday) and my boys came home with stacks of awards. In an effort to do something positive for myself, I'm going to take a few minutes and brag about my boys.

A few weeks ago we found out that Ben has read more minutes than any other student in the entire school: 82,775 minutes for the school year. Go ahead, figure out how many hours that is. It's a lot. And I must acknowledge that his teacher let him read during the school day. How else could Ben have read that much?

In addition to the reading award, Ben received a "Cub of the Month" for April, a Pride award for achieving all A's and excellent citizenship, a Math Olympiad patch for 8 or more points on said test, and a Certificate of Outstanding Performance on the Iowa Tests for language, core total and total composite. I am a proud mama.

Joshua came home with his certificates edged with pink frosting (typical boy, he shoves everything in his backpack). He received a Math Olympiad certificate, a Pride award for achieving excellent citizenship, a Cub of the Month award for November, a Cub Award (given for completing a predetermined set of learning experiences and achievements), and was schools top point earner for the Accelerated Reader program (with 220 points, AR quizzes are his life).

Both my boys had straight a's and 5's for the last trimester. Maybe I've done something right for these kids. They love learning, they love reading, they love school...how many kids wake up early excited because they are taking CRT's that day?

Congratulations, Boys! I love you!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! Way to go!

I hope that this week brings happiness and solutions.

Hugs!