Family Vacation 2008

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The super amazing Joshua

Here comes the moment when I just have to brag about my child.

Fact: Joshua was being bullied in school.

My solution: request a parent/teacher/principal meeting (which will happen tomorrow morning)

His solution (as told to me by his teacher): Joshua finished his math assignment first, which is not an unusual occurrence and his teacher asked him if he would be willing to help some of the other students. He wandered around for a little bit, giving help here and there (rather like a teacher would), and then headed toward the back table where the bully sits. At this point he asks the bully if he would like some help with his math. The bully accepted his help.

When I asked Joshua about this his response was, "I figured if I helped him, maybe we could get along instead of him bullying me."

Brilliant child!

7 comments:

Crystal said...

What an amazing spirit this boy has. Tell me how to get such wonderful children.

Rach said...

Seriously. What a great kid!

Stephanie said...

Way to go, Joshua! You are such a great example to us all. :)

Mandee Lue said...

Josh is my new hero! What a great kid!! Yay, Josh!

The 9th Monkey said...

I always known I have awesome cousins. Now Joshie takes the cake. Gratz!!!

Sharon said...

Holy crow-- I started crying! What an example to us on how to act! :-)

Shauna said...

I'm a huge bawl baby, which you know, but your kid did something that most adults could never get up the guts to do. So cheers (and tears) to Josh!