Family Vacation 2008

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Unexpected Twist

Last night the most amazing thing happened...I enjoyed "Into the Woods". As many people know, "Into the Woods" is not my favorite show. In fact, I have never really liked it...before. I could tell it was well-written, with some problems (at least I considered them that) in the script and the score. I thought the idea was good, but the execution was sketchy.

Well, last night I saw "Into the Woods" at Hale Centre Theatre, the MWF cast. The first time I saw it I saw the TTHS cast, and quite frankly, the MWF cast, with a couple of small exceptions, is the stronger cast. There was something about the way Jennie Richardson played the Baker's Wife that I suddenly understood. And I really think that is the entire reason that I enjoyed the show last night. I've always loved Jennie, I think she's one of the best actresses Hale has, but now I have even more to be grateful to her for. I finally liked "Into the Woods"! (Still not my favorite, but at least I don't hate it!)

1 comments:

Rach said...

Yay! Wasn't the cast amazing? Loved it!