Family Vacation 2008

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cleaning

I'm not a terrible housekeeper. My children have clean clothes to wear (although they don't always take advantage of that). We eat off of clean dishes. There are no fur balls the size of baseballs hanging around.

But...(there's always a big butt)

There is no way that my house is clean enough to show prospective buyers.

So, I'm cleaning. And cleaning. And cleaning. And renting a storage unit. And cleaning some more. I finished the master bathroom yesterday. I must say it looks amazing.

My plan is to clean the places that I know I can keep clean first, i.e. my bathroom, my bedroom, the storage room, the linen closet, the sewing room. Then clean the places that I'm almost positive I can keep clean, i.e. Ella's room, the living room, the computer room. And finally the places that I know once we're in show mode I'm going to have to thoroughly clean every day, i.e. the kid's bathroom, the boy's room, the family room, the kitchen.

It all makes sense, but my arms hurt already, and I only have until Dec. 15 to get everything (including the painting and carpet, should we decide to go that way) finished.

I think I'd better get to work.

2 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Hopefully your house will sell fairly quickly, so you won't have to worry about keeping it freakishly clean for too long...

Erica said...

Are you moving?? Where to?