Family Vacation 2008

Sunday, November 16, 2008

More Woods

Last night I took Sarah and Ella and we went to Cottonwood High School's version of "Into the Woods" Remember how this isn't my favorite musical? Well, it wasn't terrible. There were things that I enjoyed quite a bit.

I enjoyed seeing Sam Smith as Cinderella's Prince. He's such a nice kid, that seeing him as a ladykiller was a little bit of a shock, and reaffirmed how good of an actor he really is.

I enjoyed the orchestra. I don't usually expect a high school orchestra to sound very good, especially for the school musical, but this one was great! Although, Sam Noyce said the music was really easy, really repetitive, and really boring (but it did grow on him after a while).

I enjoyed talking to JaNae.

I enjoyed talking to Megan.

I enjoyed seeing Sarah reconnect with all her friends.

Afterwards, Ella liked the show, kind of. She was upset because Cinderella's story was not what she wanted it to be. (She's supposed to wear blue! And have a godmother!) But, when I asked her what her favorite part was, the answer I got out of her was "the Prince". Later she asked me who Cinderella's Prince was, and when I told her Sam Smith, David and I realized that she has a little crush on Cinderella's Prince. *smile*

2 comments:

Hannah said...

:D

Miss Megan said...

'Twas fun to see you too, Patti! Glad you like the show a smidge more. I'm so proud of our Sam!