Family Vacation 2008

Sunday, September 13, 2009

*sigh*

About a month ago Sarah was asked to sing in Sacrament Meeting. Being a teenager, and my daughter, she left choosing a song, or even remembering that she was supposed to sing, until the last minute; that minute being when they called to ask her what she would be singing. That was last night.

I was sitting in my room, which is right by the phone she answered, and when she asked what she should sing, David said, "Popcorn popping on the apricot tree" and I said, "I'm trying to be like Jesus". Guess which one she chose.

We didn't run through it until this morning (good thing church doesn't start until 11:30), and when she started singing it, Ella came into the living room and started singing with her. Ella informs us that she knows this song because they sing it in primary. We asked Ella if she wanted to sing with her big sister in church, and to my great surprise she said 'yes'.

Of course, once we were sitting in Sacrament Meeting, and the reality of having to stand at the pulpit was ever closer, Ella changed her mind, telling me that she was too nervous. I wasn't shocked and disappointed, this was pretty much what I expected from my youngest. Still, when it was time for Sarah to go sing, I looked over at Ella one more time and asked her again. And she came up with me!

The bishopric looked very pleased by this development and quickly pulled out the block for her to stand on. Once the music started, she didn't look up from the podium, and she sang very softly, but she did sing! For my extremely shy little girl, this is a huge deal!

Call me happy mommy...*sigh*

3 comments:

Esther said...

Three cheers of Ella!!

Erica said...

So cute!

Crystal said...

Were her legs shaking the entire time? So brave.