Family Vacation 2008

Monday, September 21, 2009

363 Minutes

That's how long it takes, accordingly to Google map, with a specific start point and a general finish point, to get to Las Vegas, Nevada.

Why does this matter?

In a little more than two weeks, I'm going to be throwing all of my kids into my van (I hope they land softly) and driving to Las Vegas. And since Rachael and I have been trying to plan a vacation together for a couple of years now, and apparently all the planets are aligning ever so nicely, she will also be throwing all of her kids, but into her car, not my van, and driving to Vegas with me. We might even let our husbands come along.

I have hotel reservations, and tickets for "Jersey Boys" (yes, I enjoyed it that much!), money for gas and food set aside, and a preliminary packing list floating around in my head. I've chosen a couple of books on CD for my family to listen to while we're driving (The Edge Chronicles, book one: Beyond the Deep Woods, and Magyk) as well as new music for our Road Trip playlist (Here Comes Science!) My children have been told and have been asking if Jacob and Drew are going to ride with us (I said, "No").

It's not like I'm anxious to get away from my current life, but...I think I'm anxious to get away from my current life for a little while. I just want to take my family with me this time.

And so, in 18 days the Rogers' family will be singing "Viva Las Vegas", and taking off for a weekend of driving, swimming, miniature golf and good old "Are We There Yet?"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great, but they closed the Star Trek Experience.

Tess said...

It's one of the best times of year to come visit. We have two seasons Nice and Hot. You should be getting Nice :)

Crystal said...

Enjoy Vegas. I would like a vacation with the family. And like Teresa says, you will be there when it is nice.