Family Vacation 2008

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happiness is...Road Construction?

As I was driving down Redwood Road this morning I was unsurprised to see the orange flags, barricades and signs to prevalent in Utah during the spring and summer. What did surprise me was how happy that made me feel. Why would indications of slow traffic and major delays make me happy?

David is a chemical analyst. (I love saying that, people generally don't know how to respond.) And as part of his new job (I love saying that, too!) he does a lot of work with the DMV. In other words, when road construction starts, he gets flooded with new samples to analyze.

Things in my life seem to be working themselves out pretty well right now. After months of waiting, we're going to be looking at houses starting tomorrow *YEA!!!!* and are hoping to find the right one for our family very soon. David has a job that he doesn't dread going to. I have voice students that I love. The kids are doing well at school, and have survived living in Grandma's basement. My children are donating money to our house. We are pulling together as a family to make our lives better. And road construction reminds me of that.

When you're on the roads this spring and frustrated with the signs of orange everywhere, remember that road construction means a better life. It means work. It means happiness. It means hope.

1 comments:

Marilyn Barney said...

Construction of ANY SORT makes me happy!