Family Vacation 2008

Friday, February 19, 2010

GOE

Grade of Execution. It matters. It really does. And it begs the question: when it comes to life, what is my grade of execution?

Do I do what I'm supposed to, my required elements, uprightly and fervently? Or do I throw them out there, sticking the landing, but rather leaning my way into it? Do I practice and plan so that I can give the best of myself, or do I rely on sheer talent and luck to pull me through?

I think I need to work more on my grade of execution. Because as I saw last night, it can make all the difference.

3 comments:

Marilyn Barney said...

You're right, talent isn't enough. Being in the top 5% ISN'T good enough. Effort and grade of execution count in life even more so than in the Olympics.

Steph said...

I was thinking about something similar in regard to this as well: Not everyone will be able to do the hardest elements in life. There are some of us who just do not have a 'quad' in our lives, but that does not mean we cannot succeed in what we are able to do, as long as we do it with style and grace. (I love skating metaphors!)

Rach said...

So, did you enjoy the ice skating last night? Nice comparison to life, by the way. Did you see Evan Lysacek skate? A-Mazing.