Family Vacation 2008

Friday, January 8, 2010

Really?

Our washing machine is on it's last leg. On Tuesday it took me 3 1/2 hours to wash one load of jeans. The regular cycle won't completely fill, and so the sensor to agitate won't turn on, and so the machine just keeps filling and filling and filling, wasting water and time. Fortunately, the casual cycle will fill, but it doesn't agitate as well, so I have to run clothes through multiple rinse cycles in order to get them clean. And then, it also doesn't spin as fast, leaving the clothes sopping wet when they come out of the washer. Therefore, the poor dryer, which was never very efficient to begin with, has to work way to hard for it's little electric engine. Thus, 3 1/2 hours after I started, I had clean jeans.

David and I decided it was time to purchase the washer/dryer for our future new home. (That future is coming soon!) We did our research online, traveled to many stores and checked our deals, and finally settled on a great front loading set from Home Depot. It was $200 cheaper per piece than anywhere else we had seen.

We make our decision, find a sales person to help us, and start the check our process.

Guess what?! They can't deliver my washer for 2 weeks!

AUGH!!!!! REALLY?

I almost wish I had gone with Lowe's. They guarantee next day delivery.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Two weeks? You could get it from their warehouse yourself in less time. What a terrible business practice.

Shauna said...

So did you go with a front loader? If you did it can solve part of that whole hand washing dilemma you were having earlier this week. I love being able to put my hand washables in the "hand wash" cycle of my washing machine. It rocks. :-)

Rach said...

Ditto to Shauna. And Crystal. When I bought my new ones a while back, there was a whole big ordeal from Home Depot, too.